Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Scarlet Guara Redux

Scarlet Gaura © SB
When I posted the pictures I took last year of Scarlet Guara at Grasslands National Park, Saskatchewan, I said I wanted to go back and try these prairie wildflowers again.

A couple of weeks ago, I had that chance.

These two pictures show different aspects of this delicate prairie wildflower.

Both photographs are away from the clutter, one in the light and one in the dark.

These images required a different approach from me, too...

For the first, I was crouched in the dirt, with the scarlet guara just below eye level.

For the second, I was half-lying in the ditch below the scarlet guara flowers — a position that enabled me to highlight their stalks against the sky. (And one that I'm grateful no one saw me try to stand up from...)

Photography. A dirty business.

Scarlet Guara  © SB  

Prairie Wildflower:  Scarlet Gaura or Scarlet Beeblossom, or Butterflyweed (Gaura coccinea or Oenothera suffrutescens) 
Location: Grasslands National Park, Saskatchewan, Canada.
Photo Date: June 22 and 24, 2012. 

~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...