Thursday, August 13, 2015

Scarlet Mallow in the Grasslands: Summer Orange

Scarlet Mallow is one of my favourite Prairie wildflowers. This low, distinctive, native plant has dusty leaves and lovely scarlet flowers. (And yes, I know, I have many favourites, but every time I see Scarlet Mallow, I know it's definitely among them!)

Scarlet Mallow. Copyright © Shelley Banks, all rights reserved
Lovely bright orange Scarlet Mallow flowers © SB

We saw these Scarlet Mallow plants near the edge of an amazing teepee ring and view across the valley in the South Gillespie part of the West Block of Grasslands National Park. 


Prairie Wildflower: Scarlet Mallow.
Location: Grasslands National Park, Saskatchewan, Canada.
Photo Date: June 22, 2015.

~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...